Sunday, June 21, 2015

Gaining strength in purple foods

I was at my local Albertsons grocery store this weekend, and this juice bottle caught my attention:
Yes, for the love the all things purple, I am a culprit of trying all foods that are purple hued too. Unfortunately this vegetable blend is actually an icky brown color, but what fascinated me the most is the bottle label on "purple carrots." What! I have never heard of purple carrots. How funky is that? I am going to put "finding fresh purple carrots" on my bucket list. 
Although I am adventurous in tasting purple vegetables and plants (eggplant, lettuce, radishes, onions, etc.) none has really hit the spot for me. Probably because I'm not a huge fan of vegetables in general since I was a kid, haha! Veggies, bleh! But looking at the natural hue from nature is wondrous! 

I'm a better fan of man-made purple in desserts and sweets. Speaking of, I'm a follower of this adorable Cakespy site. I cannot get enough of Jessie Oleson Moore's cute cupcake drawings. I'm dying over this "Desserts that are Purple" print she has on Etsy:

No comments:

Post a Comment