Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Asian American Barbie Lea taking over this blog

This year is definitely the year of the Barbie doll for me. Ever since I discovered Barbie Style on Instagram, my inner child "really really really wants a Barbie doll" again, and especially when I spotted the Asian model! First time ever Mattel came out with a doll with an Asian complexion without the heavy too-glamorous eye makeup. I owe it to my little-girl-self wish come true. I decided to buy myself my very first Barbie (at the age of 33, ha!) Of course they don't stock the one I wanted at my local stores, so I went on Ebay and ended up buying two for over $50! A little bit crazy, but I can afford it now! Yay! But of course, a few days later after I purchased my dolls, I noticed ToysRUs  (and Amazon) began selling the same doll on their website for only $14.99. Yes, I got jipped. Oh well, that's how life goes when it comes to wishes. But I'm happy with my "Lea" Asian Barbies, definitely worth the $50's! This one can do yoga and wears a PURPLE top! I'm so excited about this, I'm revamping this Blog and my Instagram for Lea to take over and be my spokesperson from now on! Also changing the title to "Búp Bê Life" (meaning "doll" life in Vietnamese). 

No comments:

Post a Comment