Sunday, July 19, 2015

Donating toys with purple hair

Speaking of purple hair, this weekend I went to Target to buy toys to donate for my local children's hospital. Wow, July is a good time to buy toys! Lots of clearance items. A true girly girl at heart, I spent almost all my time in the Barbie doll isle and became inspired about toys again! I was excited to get these with the purple hair and purple outfits of course..
I know there's a lot of controversy over Barbie dolls over the years and present-day for being unrealistic bad role models for children, but I grew up wanting to own a Barbie doll, and it did not influence me in getting plastic surgery, nor spending my money on figure-tight clothing, nor having low self-esteem in comparison to my own image. I just love Barbie dolls because they have cool hair to play with, one can get creative with her outfits (use of arts and craft skills), imagining fun stories of the places she'll go with her makeover, and just appreciation of fashion and beauty. Barbie dolls are pretty, and when I see something pretty, it makes me happy! There is a saying..."a thing of beauty is a joy forever!" - John Keats

No comments:

Post a Comment