Monday, June 8, 2015

Finding happiness through lavender colored glasses

After seeing Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture," recently, I was deeply moved. My parents were among the Vietnamese boat people who immigrated to the U.S. in the 80's with complete zilch. Growing up, we were mostly poor and I spent my entire childhood buried in books, worrying about grades, and making my family happy. I hardly ever thought about having fun or even dared to ask for anything that other kids have. So at the age of 33 this year, where my family is finally in a good place, I have a solid career and school loans paid off, I decided it is time to accomplish some of my personal childhood dreams. I always had a love for pretty purple things. One of my silly whims was to own a purple house filled with everything purple. It would be my happy place to go to when I'm sad. Still a cheap person at the moment, that dream seems a bit excessive. Then I realized that Blogger is actually a better outlet for my purple passion. I do enjoy sharing the purple things that brings me joy. What better place to document and display my favorite purple findings than right here for all the purple-lovers out there!

More from me: Childhood DREAMS

No comments:

Post a Comment