Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Wishing I loved Taro more

Of all the shades of purple, the palest lavender hue is my absolute favorite! This beloved shade is often found in "taro root" flavored Asian desserts and drinks...like my recent splurge on this taro milk smoothie with rainbow jellies at Arizona Donut Co, forgetting that I'm lactose-intolerant and had an upset stomach after consuming this.
Honestly, I don't even like the earthly sticky back-of-throat taste of taro, yet I keep gravitating towards picking this flavor all for the pretty color. That's when I realized I have a purple problem.

My problem must be rubbing off on people around me too. When my sister took a short trip to California last weekend, she couldn't resist taking a picture of this taro dessert from the trendy Taiwanese 85°C Bakery just for me!
So pretty! My awesome sister also brought back a bunch of their desserts home for us to try and yummm! Now I know what's all the hype about. If I ever visit California, I would definitely love to drop by this popular bakery (and remind myself to stay away from the enticing taro stuff that might not be as tasty as the others, haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment