Saturday, July 4, 2015

Discovering the purple cow

As I was perusing the July 2015 issue of Bon Appétit Magazine with the catchy blueberry-purple title font...
...I came across this tiny blurb on soda ice cream floats, particularly the words "Purple Cow". 
Wow, of my 33 years in life, I have never thought of or seen grape soda ice cream floats. Yes, I've had root beer floats and whatever-soda-one-has-on-hand with vanilla ice cream...but not grape (or any crazy colored soda come to think of it.) Well, probably because I'm not fond of the artificial grape flavorings. But man, I've been missing out on the wonderful color it would create in a tall icy crystal glass. My next goal in life is to attempt this Purple Cow

Some interesting tidbits I've come across while searching on "Purple Cow":
  • Purple Cow Restaurant in Little Rock, AR - purple theme decor and famous for their purple ice cream floats; a trip to Arkansas, anyone?
  • Welch's Purple Cow recipe - instead of unhealthy artificial soda, try real grape juice with Welch's. I remember Welch's use to have the cutest kids for their tv commercials too. 
  • Serious Eats ranking of best Grape Sodas - sodas to keep in mind for my home experiment with the purple cow...future post to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment