Saturday, October 31, 2015

Purple potato chips kettle cooked style

Remember my excitement over the discovery of the PURPLE POTATO in Portland, Oregon? Well, I'm over the moon when I found these Lay's Kettle Cooked Medleys (limited edition) at my local grocery store. Made in purple, red, and gold potatoes...best part is no food coloring! 
I'm happy to report they taste like normal potato chips, crunchy and salty. The red ones are actually more like a magenta hue, and the purple ones are a dark vampy purple (perfect for the Halloween mood today)! The colors are so much fun! I'm surprised there aren't more companies making natural colored potato chips a staple. Well, maybe not, I can think of one reason...I did find that the darker chips may leave little visible bits on the teeth (like spinach or Oreo cookies), risking embarrassment in social situations.
Click on picture for larger details.

No comments:

Post a Comment